2008/03/24

Twine

Some time ago I registered for the beta on Twine, and today I received an invitation to join.

Twine is reputed to be one of the better attempts at kick-starting the semantic web. Most of the early articles I read about it sounded quite enthused and complimentary about how useful it was and how well it worked. Made me want to try it out. So I signed up for the beta.

I haven't spent too long on the site yet, maybe half an hour. What I really need to do is set aside three or four hours and figure out the big picture of how Twine works and some of the details that will be useful for me, then start using it in earnest.

The first Twine topic I started was for the MIT Fab Lab. Because Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, Wisconsin, USA has a Fab Lab in which I'm highly interested, I thought that would be a good topic for my first Twine.

If you're interested in checking out Twine, sign up for their beta, and together we'll figure out if Twine is useful for us!

*****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home