The Minneapolis barcamp, MinneBar, spawned a related quarterly tech event in the Twin Cities called MinneDemo.
MinneDemo is the Minneapolis version of Demo Camp, "a lighter-weight style of un-conference [than a barcamp]. A DemoCamp last only a few hours on a weekday evening, as opposed to a traditional BarCamp which would usually be a multi-day event and take place on a weekend."
The next MinneDemo is happening on 11 December 02006. Justin Kruger and I felt it was a good opportunity to check out some of the interesting tech demos and meet a few people in the Twin Cities tech community. So we'll be zipping onto a Milwaukee I-94 West on-ramp on Monday morning for the six hour roadtrip to the 'real' frozen north.
Here's the line-up for the seven 15-minute demos planned for 11 December:
- Data_Pix (Jeff Beddow) -- Data_Pix is a self-descriptive data presentation method that allows visual interactive browsing of large complex datasets.
- Fetchster (Eric Caron) -- Fetchster is a locally-owned, nation-wide job board that spiders company websites for job openings (eliminating the middle man, such as CareerBuilder)
- imp (Dan Carroll) -- Through imp, users can legally discover, acquire and share songs, movies and more -- all of which is recommended to them by sources they trust.
- Doomtree Reactive Video Utility (Paul Wenzel & Justin Heideman) -- In real time, we manipulate motion graphics, video footage, and imagery for on-stage performance. Using Quartz Composer and Max/MSP, it is not Web 2.0.
- Mike O'Connor -- I was going to talk about the Corp.com 3rd-level domain registry. But that's so 3-months-ago. Keep an eye on Bar.com. It's going to turn into something cool a few days before the demo. I'll tell ya all about it.
- Co-Pilot (Eric Grumdahl) -- Co-Pilot helps housing and human service agencies end homelessness in Minnesota, by streamlining information management, simplifying accountability and providing feedback to policy-makers, funders and programs.
- Bonsai (Erik Haugo} -- Bonsai is a highly-configurable web-based personal note manager.