2010/12/08

Chrome Pilot Program: Cr-48

The Chrome Notebook pilot program is going to be a lot of fun -- learning how to most effectively use Cr-48, the Chrome OS notebook Google is distributing to members of its newest tech pilot program.

Although I have not yet been notified that I've been chosen to be part of the pilot program, I am getting ready to hit the ground running when I do get the email from them letting me know the date the ChromeBook will arrive.

The first step in preparing for the arrival of Cr-48 is to use everything I learned in "What The Bleep Do We Know" to encourage my inclusion in the pilot program. From this point on, all my quantum physics forces are focused on visualizing myself as a Chrome Pilot. Bleep. Bleep. The ChromeRunner.

The specs for the Chrome Notebook, Cr-48, look great:
  • 12.1" screen (glad it's not a 10" or smaller screen!)
  • Full-size keyboard (my fingers will enjoy the large keyboard for touch typing)
  • Qualcomm 3G chip for Verizon data
  • 100 MB/month of free data from Verizon for two years (teeny amount, but free!)
  • 802.11n WiFi
  • 8 hours of battery life
  • Webcam built in
  • Flash storage instead of mechanical hard drive
Last night we registered the domain http://chromepilot.com. It seemed like an appropriate, short, easy to remember url for a website to chronicle my adventures and misadventures with the Chrome operating system. It will take a while to get a website set up for that site, so the first step was setting up a new Chrome OS Pilot blog on Blogger.

If you want to follow this Journey through the world of Chrome OS, consider reading the frequent blog posts at http://chromepilot.blogspot.com/. That blog will have a link to the Chrome Pilot website once the site is set up at http://chromepilot.com/. If you have questions, comments or suggestions about Chrome OS, the Chrome Notebook, or the pilot program, or if you're in the Chrome OS pilot program at Google and want to verify my shipping address, please contact me at bwaldron [at] gmail {dot} com.

Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez!

**********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home