Vista/Gaming Box, Part 1
myDigitechnician has received "Part 1" of the Vista/Gaming computer it is building; the Seagate 320 GB hard drive showed up courtesy of FedEx!
myDigitechnician is building the Vista/Gaming box to be able to work with its clients who buy or upgrade to Vista in 2007 and to have a full-featured "portable" computer for gaming and other higher end uses.
The currently planned components of this computer are:
- AMD processor, Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2 GHz HT 2 x 512 KB L2 cache Socket AM2 Dual Core
- Asus Motherboard, M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 nVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX
- mushkin RAM, Enhanced Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel kit System
- nVIDIA Video Card, 3D Fuzion 3DFR76256GTSINE Geforce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
- Seagate HD, Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
- Aspire Case, X-QPACK-NW-BK/420 Black Aluminum 1.0 w/ ABS plastic front panel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case ATX 420W Power Supply
- Pioneer DVD burner, 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 5X DVD-RAM DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATAPI 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Read (Wow! Is that a lot of numbers, or what? They should put a model number on that...)
If you'd recommend any alternate parts, please submit a comment or email us. We're always looking for good ideas!