Blogger & New Laptop / NNi
Between Blogger not automatically saving periodically when a new post was being written tonight and my clumsy fingers not yet being used to the smaller keyboard on the new laptop, the original post for tonight for myDigitechnician got blown away into cyberspace.
Rather than spend another twenty minutes retyping the original post, the initial issues list for NEW NET will instead be posted. While tomorrow's post is typed, the "Save as Draft" button will occasionally be utilized to prevent a recurrence of tonight's performance.
Below is the initial list of issues for the TUESDAY, 17 October 2006, NEW NET (Northeast Wisconsin Network for Economy and Technology) 6:50 pm weekly gathering at Mister Churro, 207 N. Richmond St., Appleton, Wisconsin, USA. The final list will be posted on this blog by 1500 hours (3 pm) Central U.S.A. time on 17 October 2006.
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 With GPS Locator Helps Consumers Take the Tension out of Travel http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/Oct06/10-11TravelTensionPR.mspx
- Torvalds takes bite of Mac mini http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/Torvalds_takes_bite_of_Mac_mini/0,130061702,339271592,00.htm
- Google launches Mac blog http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/10/googlemac/index.php
- Time's About Up For Windows XP Service Pack 1 http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/10/still_running_service_pack_1_o.html
- Top 10 annoying things about next gen http://www.unfetteredblather.com/?p=266
- AMD takes wraps off of quad-core design http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061011-7961.html
- Free international calling... for the next 3 years? http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/10/how_to_free_int.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890
- Eudora to partner with Mozilla and go open source http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061011-7962.html
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets: Not quite Google Office, but closer http://news.com.com/2061-12572_3-6124601.html
- Yahoo! Sites and Verizon SuperPages Lead in Share of
Internet Yellow Pages Searches http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061009/cgm022.html?.v=68 U.S.
- Firms to boost Internet speeds without fiber-optics http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061010/wr_nm/broadband_television_dc