NEW NET Blog
Steve D this morning suggested NEW NET should start a blog. NEW NET is Northeast Wisconsin Network for Economy and Technical issues, an informal group that offers a weekly gathering opportunity for tech enthusiasts in Appleton and the northeast Wisconsin region.
Steve's suggestion to launch a NEW NET blog raises two questions.
- Should NEW NET have an online presence, and, if so, what form is most effective?
- If a NEW NET blog is launched, who will contribute regularly enough to make the blog worthwhile?
Benefits of a NEW NET online presence are:
- An online information source for northeast Wisconsin tech enthusiasts
- A marketing tool to bring new people to NEW NET meetings
- A place to store info related to NEW NET meetings and topics of interest to NEW NET 'members', including an archive of news items on weekly issues lists
- An opportunity for NEW NET members to play around with online 'stuff'
- Forum, like the one Steve D previously established
- Blog, like Steve suggested today
- Informational website, with infrequent changes or updates
- Wiki, to provide a more collaborative website
- Chat room, probably IRC
- Web cam, white board and other features for remote participation in weekly meetings
- Some combination of the above
A link to today's myDigitechnician blog post will be sent to the people who receive NEW NET weekly gathering emails. If there's an interest in helping establish and maintain an online presence for NEW NET, please contact Steve D or me, or comment on this post.